In the daily activity of our sales lives, very often we forget to say thank you to our customers. Today is the day before American Thanksgiving and you are probably caught up in trying to finish lots of little ‘tasks’ before a 4 day holiday weekend if you are in the US.
Take a moment, take a breath, take the time to say thank you to your customers today.
Not the ‘thanks for your business’ generic message that they are use to hearing… that is about customer satisfaction. If you’ve been reading the blog for a while, you know that today satisfaction is NOT enough.
Instead think about what you enjoy about working with that individual person – thank them for that. Here are a few calls I’ve made this month:
- thank you for always making me laugh while we’re talking, it makes my day more fun
- I appreciate the trust you have in me to fix problems that come up
- thank you for pushing me to think outside of my typical offerings and create custom solutions that work for you
- I’m glad that our business relationship can include beer conversations too
- thank you for making me be my best when we work together
- I want you to know I enjoy the puzzles you throw at me and we solve together
See the difference? Pick something about the person and express your thanks for having them in your business world.