In Monday’s Inside Sales Leadership Corner the topic was Gamification needs to be a way of work!
If gamification needs to be a way of work –
then you aren’t a salesperson,
you’re a sales-player!
Here are 12 steps stolen from How to Be a Great Football Player and translated for inside sales-players!
1. Know that you can achieve your goal.
> do you have a mindset of self-belief?
2. Be in great shape.
> are you sales fit?
3. Practice the basics.
> when is the last time you focused on being masterful at the basics?
4. Find a position you like to play.
> What are you good at AND enjoy doing?
5. Practice the skills for your position.
> what sales skills do you want to be stronger and more confident in?
6. Be aware of your competition.
> what else and who else could win the business away from you?
7. Be tough.
> do you have a strategy for when you’re tackled by an objection – obstacle – your competition?
8. Get along with your team members.
> how are you cooperating with the other sales-players on your team?
9. Get ready to win.
> do you prepare well to sell?
10. … anything less than your absolute maximum 100% effort… is a recipe for mediocrity
> do you use all your sales skills and believe on every call?
11. When you’re off the field, listen to the coaches.
> when is the last time you listened to sales advice AND took action on it?
12. Watch some of the games to look for new skills!
> do you have a career learning plan for yourself?
This week figure out what’s missing for you to be the best sales-player you can be. Then get after it!