Seriously, what will it take?
For you to stop making statements to your team that make them roll their eyes.
Need some examples?
* telling them what is important, then never following through on it
* harping on being prompt, then being late yourself
* having an idea du jour, instead of a long term strategy
* setting a universal expectation, regardless of individual situations
* telling the same tired story of when you were in sales & had to walked uphill both ways in the snow
Now I’m not saying you do all of those things… maybe you don’t do any.
What I would like you to think about is what you do that is not effective; it isn’t changing individual salesperson behavior, it isn’t moving you or the team forward, you might not even remember why you started doing it!
Now that you have something in mind, ask yourself the following questions:
1. what would happen if I never did that again?
2. what is the objective I thought it would help me reach?
3. what can I do that will effectively help me achieve that goal?
Today re-commit to your goal – create a new plan – NOW take action.