I would love to tell you I had the magic you need to pull the world out of that magicians hat not just a bunny.
The truth is sales takes effort, here are 11 career tips that I have given OR been given over the years (in no particular order of importance) that might make it easier.
1. Set your personal expectations higher than the goals your employer has for you.
2. Never put your boss in a position where they have a deer in the headlights look in a meeting (and your name comes up).
3. When thinking about your forecast – do it for yourself and share it with your boss… don’t do it for your boss.
4. treat all the internal resources you use the same as you would treat a top prospect or your best customer.
5. be yourself, always (three words that may be the hardest thing to execute on this list).
6. don’t remember the one bad result and forget the ninety-nine positive outcomes.
7. if you have a great call – bask in the feeling by making another five calls IMMEDIATELY and your enthusiasm will be contagious.
8. tomorrow say thank you twice as often as you did today.
9. use accountability partners to keep you on track.
10. make sales activities and tasks into a game – have fun!
11. the only two things you can control are your attitude and how you spend your time.