The 1st part of Sales Self-Coaching is a lot like sales! To make the concept easier to understand, consider yourself the prospect…
- 1st you need to determine – where you are
- Then decide – where you want to be
Sales Self-Coaching needs to work the same way – be honest with yourself on what your starting point is!
The next part is a little different from sales. You need to confirm your “where you want to be” statement is actually the current destination you have in mind by asking:
- What will being “where you want to be” get you?
- What will you get from that?
- and so on… continue asking yourself that question UNTIL you reach the end of the line and can truly say THAT is what I want!
Need an example? This is from one of my sales coaching clients:
Sales Success = Large Commission Check = Financial Security = Lack of Worry
Don’t think about winning a preliminary meet as your goal IF what you truly want is an Olympic Gold Medal!
Sales Self-Coaching Tip: Make sure that what you are working on is YOUR goal, not one that someone else told you was important (even if that someone is your spouse OR your boss – make sure you figure out what your goals are before you begin working toward them).
For more on Sales Self-Coaching listen in to Sales Coaching over Coffee radio on Thursday August 23rd, 1 or 7pm New York Time! It’s easy, just click Listen2Lynn on the left nav bar!