I have never met Stephen Covey, but having internalized some of his philosophy and read more than one of his books – it felt like I did.
I started to think after learning of his death today (‘7 Habits’ author Stephen Covey dead at 79) about how much impact some of his public thoughts had on my life and way of thinking. I wonder if the same is true for you, here is my list somehow limiting it to seven seems appropriate:
- Everyday choose to put my 1st things FIRST.
- Balance; physical well-being, career, family & friends.
- Discipline is one of the keys to greatness.
- Quote “Live out of your imagination, not your history.”
- Habits aren’t bad unless they aren’t serving us anymore .
- Listen, it is amazing what you’ll learn.
- Don’t be defined by events beyond your control.
Although he will not be writing anything new, I’m glad that there is still so much for me to learn from what is already written.