The only thing adults do as much as work – is sleep – which is why I believe if we can’t have fun at work… where can we have fun?
Growing up my father always reminded us to “Have Fun” when ever we let the house. This held true if you were going to play in the neighborhood or back to college from a break. In fact, he still says it to us!
At some point he started using this quote when ever adversity would hit: “The difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude.” ~ Bob Bitchin
Here are a few ways that I would suggest to help you enjoy the journey:
- when ever you can – make it into a game
- laugh often – with your prospects, at absurdity, at yourself
- smile – even when you don’t feel like it
- think of someone who would be glad to have your job – learn to see it through their eyes
- don’t confuse effort with unpleasantness
- remember to breath – believe it or not, lots of people hold their breath without even knowing it
- spend time looking for the good stuff
Enjoy your day, your week, your month, your career.